1. Brussel sprouts are the best vegetable. Well, they are if you cook them in bacon grease and add a pound of bacon bits, and sauteed onions and mushrooms. Otherwise, they are the worst vegetable.
By the way, the bacon bits and grease do not detract from the nutritional value of the sprouts. Not at all.
2. Tennis is the coolest sport because you get to wear things like this:
© by scj
I sure got jipped.
3. The best way to ensure that your days are productive is to know yourself. If you are a procrastinator and you have 105 papers to grade tomorrow, then you should probably designate tomorrow as a day of endless, grueling cleaning instead. This will ensure that you procrastinate cleaning to do less unpleasant activities. Like grading.
4. Roses are the loveliest way to spruce up a house.
5. Vitamin jars make the best vases.
6. Dogs are the greatest company. Next to humans. And books.
7. This is the best book I've read in awhile.
8. Fall is the best season.
9. Apple cider is the best fall drink.
10. Carving jack-o-lanterns is the best fall activity—if you do it with your sister.
11. The most darling jack-o-lanterns come in pairs.
12. The most creative way to use a surplus of pumpkins and gourds is in a fairy tale display.
The Three Little Pigs, at Rasmussen Farms, near Hood River, WA.
The Little Mermaid
The Little Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe
Flying with Peter Pan and his Gang
The Emperor...Without His Clothes
13. The best kind of game is a guessing game. So what fairy tale character do you think these feet belong to?