Friday, May 29, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
- You ask the car wash guy for an unscented air freshener.
- You eat chocolate at 45 minute intervals throughout the day to keep your energy level stable.
- You call your students "dude" because you can't remember their names.
- You confidently explain to someone that the word "opaque" means "see through".
- You forget you're teaching a science lesson in the middle of the lesson.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
And my favorite:
Thursday, May 7, 2009
This morning I saw one of my students gesturing excitedly to her friend. “I just can’t wait for Friday, Erica!” I heard her exclaim. Smiling, I thought about all of the exciting things that are going to happen on Friday. Students from all grades get to skip the first part of class to go to a school-sponsored Mother’s Day breakfast with their moms, Friday afternoon is devoted to playing lots of games, and Saturday is just around the corner!
“Why are you so excited, Vicky?” I interjected, looking forward to hearing her enthuse about the day’s events. “Because, Miss Jackson. You promised us you’d wear your new Nike high tops on Friday!”
Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?