Happy Thursday, Friends!
After a few weeks without "Thursday Things," it's time to reinstate the list that celebrates the week and looks forward to the weekend:
1. Sweet potatoes are the new chocolate around here. I had one for the first time last month and now I can't get enough of them. The weird thing is I didn't used to like them. Although, come to think of it, I don't remember ever tasting one before last month. I must have decided I didn't like them when I was five, and then never looked back. Silly five-year-old me.
I love eating them drowning in butter, but this recipe for baked curry sweet potato fries is puh-ritty delish, too.
2. Aren't words marvelous? I put together a few symbols on a page and they evoke an immaterial idea in your mind. Off. The. Hook.
And some people say there is no God...
3. My new favorite fall decoration is these tangerine-colored berries from the yard.
I have them in vases and jars all over my studio. They make my place feel so warm and autumnal.
4. This week at work whenever I looked at my students I saw stories. Tall stories, short stories, thin stories, stocky stories, dark stories, fair stories, smile-provoking stories, somber stories, heavy stories, light stories. Everywhere stories. I love that I get to be a character in their stories. I love that they are characters in mine. And I am thankful that all our stories have been grafted into the most Epic Story of all time.
5. I just woke up from the most delicious nap. I usually try not to use the word "delicious" except when I'm talking about food, but this nap was so good it somehow satisfied all my senses.
After 15 months of naps that did little to nothing for my debilitating fatigue, today's nap made me feel rested. Not the recharged-and-ready-to-run kind of rested, but the wide-eyed, hair-tousled, rosy-cheeked, mom-is-going-to-make-me-an-afternoon-snack-soon kind of rested. Hallelujah.
6. The wind is whispering at my window, luring me to step out of my cozy abode and into her wild dance. I think I will.
Hoping your evening is everything restful,
© by scj