Monday, September 10, 2012

Five Things

1. If I could munch on scones and speak with a British accent every afternoon all afternoon I'd be the happiest girl to ever say 'Please pass the tea, dahling.'  Thank goodness for BBC films and television series.  They almost convince me that I'm a sophisticated young lady who takes high tea and dances the night away at local balls.

Until yesterday, that is.  Because yesterday I realized that, according to the British Broadcasting Network, I.am.an.old.maid.  A wilting rose; a wrinkling plum (soon-to-be-a-prune); a pillow that smells like moth balls.  Sorry, that last one doesn't really make sense.  Except that I associate the smell of moth balls with everything old maidish.

I can no longer dream about marrying a Mr. Knightly that is 14 years my elder because I am almost Mr. Knightly's age.


I know I know, some of you are shaking your heads because by today's standards I'm a young chicken.  Or is it spring chicken?  Figures of speech have never been my strong-suit.  But hyperbole is.  Thanks for indulging it for a minute.


2. Sometimes girls just wanna have fun.


3. Someone once told me that flies only have a 24 hour lifespan.  But folks, I am here to tell you this is not true.

A fly snuck into my studio two days ago and the little rascal was too quick to corner, so I let him live.  He'd only last another day, I figured, and I'd be gone for most of that day anyway.

But it's been over 48 hours since he invaded my quiet little space and he is still alive and kickin,' the loud little bugger.

Someone pass me the newspaper.


4. In just 2 1/2 weeks I'll be in Nathrop, Colorado near Mt. Princeton for a dear friend's wedding, and boy I can't wait to see family, friends, and the fall colors.








5. Remember my old neighbors and dear friends Luke and Laura?  They came to visit a bit ago, and I got to meet their sweet little baby, Addie.




And oh! she is OH so sweet, and I couldn't stop taking pictures of her. I tried to take a video, except I'd taken so many pictures that it got cut off after five seconds, mid-sentence.  But look how darling her blinking is and how sweet her wiggling fingers and toes are in those five seconds!  Everything about her is just perfect.


It's a marvelous thing when good friends have babies.  I really can't explain how wonderful it is to hold a baby that belongs to a dear friend, but I think you must know how it feels.  If you don't then you may want to start encouraging your friends to have kids.  Asap.  Like, yesterday.

Happy Monday, everyone!

SJ

© by scj

No comments:

Post a Comment