Sunday, January 4, 2015

Do you want to build a snowman?

Last week we Orange Countians experienced a New Year miracle: it snowed. 

For weeks before my Christmas trip to the PNW, I'd hoped for snow upon my arrival. There is little that tops a white Christmas in Washington, especially when you're used to year-round SoCal sun. But when I arrived, there was nothin' but rain. So I returned to my Orange County sun with my snow boots unused. And then, on New Year's Eve, it snowed in Orange County. Six inches of beautiful, powdery snow! Revel in that, you lovers of irony, you.

Earlier this weekend, a friend and I went searching for leftover snow. Deep in Silverado Canyon, we found some.

There wasn't much snow left, but there were piles here and there...


...so we decided to make a snowman. I'd like to introduce you to Eli, the cutest squirrel-sized snowman you ever did see:



Just get a load of that face:


I grew to love Eli in the short amount of time it took to create him. In fact, I didn't know it was possible to feel such fondness for a snowman. But he was just packed with character and charm, and it ached a little bit to leave him sitting all alone in the woods.

My consolation upon leaving him was that the sky was blue, the birds were chirping, and the scent of moist earth hung in the air. I imagine his afternoon was lovely indeed.

Hoping your afternoon is lovely, too.

-Sarah



© by scj

No comments:

Post a Comment