Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Spring

This spring has been especially glorious and we're especially happy about it. By "we" I mean this tree and I:


Can you see it? He's doing a cartwheel of joy.

I'm guessing the neighborhood's bougainvillea had something to do with his uncontainable joy. On every block there's a tidal wave of flaming bougainvillea crashing over someone's fence and flooding the neighborhood with color.


I wish my iPhone camera could more accurately capture this color.


These flowers are electric. They look like they've been plugged into the sun and have imbibed some of its light. Come to think of it, I suppose that is sort of what is happening.

The butterflies must know the neighborhood is in bloom because they've been out and about lately. They especially love this dappled gully:



When I took this photo I counted 11 butterflies dancing through the flowers.

This gully is delightful. I love its impish breezes, curious wildlife, and its dry, pine-y scent. Dry pine needles are one of my favorite smells in the whole wide world. They make me want to fly and dance and do back handsprings all at once.

I'm glad spring is so very objectively generous. It doesn't discriminate between the healthy or sick, happy or sad, tired or energetic. Its sun will spread warmth across any face. Its pine-infused breezes will tickle any nose. Its flowers will smile at all passers by, its butterflies will dance for all spectators, and its trees will do cartwheels for anyone who will stop to watch.

It sure was nice of God to pack so much easily accessible grace into the world, wasn't it?


I hope your day is full of cartwheel-worthy moments, my friends.

Cheering for ya, Skillets.

-Sarah



© by scj

No comments:

Post a Comment