Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Prayer Requests

I'm lying here typing in the glow of twinkle lights. The piano is decked with boughs of holly (actually: they're fake fir tree branches), candles are flickering merrily, and the smell of stinky feet has settled in the room with thick and terrible force. 'Tis the season for my [fetid, stinky feet-ish] apple cider vinegar regime, because: winter flu bugs (and lots of sick students).

When I taught third grade a colleague introduced me to the antimicrobial wonders of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Since then, I drink it scrupulously every winter. Usually, I make "tea" (pour a few teaspoons of cider in a steaming cup of water, then sweeten with honey) and sip it slowly before bed. My brother loves it when I do this, especially if I snuggle up close to him with my cup of apple cider vinegar:

"Ugh, Sarah. How and WHY do you drink that stuff? Do you not realize that the people around you have NOSES that can SMELL THINGS?!"

Well, little brother, you will be DELIGHTED to know I have recently started using apple cider vinegar as a toner for my skin and will carry the smell of apple cider vinegar with me every morning of Christmas vacation, too. Prepare yourself for a most joyous vacation together, indeed.

But I digress. I'm lying here sipping apple cider vinegar in the glow of my Christmas tree and hoping I can rally my team of prayer warriors. I'm feeling rather crummy these days as a result of all my chronic stuff. Last month I had a longer bout of Crummy, but I rebounded in early November and began to feel better than I have all year. Last week, though, I started feeling yucky, and my symptoms have continued to worsen. Today they've gotten especially loud and demanding, and I feel like much of the healing work of the semester has been undone. This is discouraging and confusing and makes me anxious about the future. I'm especially nervous about the next three weeks which are full of grading, teaching, church events, and grading. Also: grading. There is lots to do and little time to do it. So this week I'm hoping you can pray for me:
  1. For healing (that these symptoms would quiet soon. Like, tomorrow.)
  2. For stamina
  3. For peace
  4. For rest
  5. For hope for the future
  6. For wisdom as I try to figure out how much to push my body. 
  7. For wisdom for my doctors. I have another appointment with my main doctor in Washington on December 22nd, and I'm hoping he can give me some new insight (he'll have new test results) and next steps. 
  8. I'm also gearing up to get some pretty extensive testing done soon, but am trying to be strategic about which testing to get done first. Would love prayer for that.
Do tell me how I can pray for you. I pray for you when I'm lying here resting.

Thank you, my friends.

Merry Christmas Season!

I'm cheering for you, Home Skillets,

Sarah



© by scj

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you and am expectant in God's ability to meet your needs. May the Spirit of God give you courageous and peace to keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katlin, this is lovely encouragement. Thank you for praying! I see the Spirit of God responding to your prayers already.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah, I just read your blog to Jim. We are committing to pray for you every day this month until Christmas. We're pulling for ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley,

      What a lovely Christmas gift. Thank you, Shirley and Jim!

      -Sarah

      Delete