Sunday, May 29, 2016

Salt and Pepper

Sister is in town for the weekend, so we decided to go on a picnic Friday evening.

When I opened the front door upon hearing her knock, I laughed to see that she was the pepper to my salt:

We're even wearing the same shirt!

Life is always more flavorful when she's around.

We set up camp next to a pond at a park down the street, and we spent the evening talking and resting.




And then, just before the sunset, we got up to toss the frisbee around.


You guys, my body let me toss the frisbee around!! Unfortunately, that little bit of exertion did worsen my neurological symptoms, and the last couple of days my body has been pretty unhappy, so I am clinging to the memory of being up moving around under a summer sky. Steps backward can be more bearable if they're the result of a good time.

Also, all this time in bed has made it easy to gobble up a few seasons of The Great British Bake Off, and I feel like I am really beginning to master the British vernacular. For example, I'm chuffed to have my sis in town; I'm gutted to be feeling so lousy this weekend; I'm cross with myself for . . . well, I'm not cross with myself about anything today; and after I sliced open a cantaloupe this morning, I binned the seeds.

Speaking British makes me feel so 'fisticated.

Cheers, my friends!

Happy Saturday,

Sarah



© by scj

No comments:

Post a Comment