Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Rach

My college roommate, Rachel, got married the weekend before last.


Because of the progress I've made with DNRS, I was able to make the trip to northern California for the wedding.

What a delight it was to watch Rach marry her guy.


Rachel lived down the hall from me our freshman year at APU, and after a few months of enjoying deep conversations, mastering Crocodile Dundee impersonations, and concocting three-course meals with my hot-pot, we decided to live together the following year.

Taking Rach to the airport for an international adventure


We lived together the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, too. Also, we may have lived together the year after that; we can’t remember. We are getting old, and timelines are growing fuzzy.

The ol' tape-up-the-nose trick



Several of us lived together in an apartment throughout those years, but Rach and I always shared a room. I suppose our propensity to use the floor instead of the closet (we'd have to take a running leap to get from the door to our beds, so tremendous were the piles of clothes on the floor) and our tendency to burst into random song made us suitable living buddies. Our shared love for Jesus, sports, music, outdoor adventures, and late-night conversations made us kindred spirits. 




If you ever meet Rach, you will notice she is tall and beautiful and absolutely radiates the Light of Christ. You may also notice she has a deep sense that her words are one of the ways Christ's light streams out. Rachel's words have always felt like ribbons of light to me; and one of the gifts of her friendship is being regularly wrapped up in those ribbons of light. 

Just after the wedding ceremony rehearsal

One day, about ten years ago, Rach, our other roommates, and I predicted the order in which we would all get married. We predicted Cara would get married first, Stacey would get married second, Rach would get married third, and I would get married last. Well, we joked that God might bring me a husband first. I had grand ambitions requiring many more years of singleness, and we thought maybe God would be funny and upend my set of single girl dreams. In the end, though, we settled on our original predictions. And guess what? We nailed them! As of last week, Rach was the third to get married.

The bride catching the first glimpse of her groom through the window


Happy, glorious wedding month, Rach.

Love you big time.

-Sar


facebook iconhttps://www.instagram.com/sarahjacksonpanther/pinterest iconheart icon



© by scj

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    This looks like such a nice day! I am so glad that you were able to attend your friend's wedding. Go brain retraining! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! It was a lovely, whirlwind weekend with people I love. :)

      I hope you are encouraged by your progress with DNRS! Praying for you as you continue to press ahead.

      -Sarah

      Delete