Monday, March 30, 2009

OK, So Maybe Love Isn't Blind

Today I woke up to the shocking sensation of an axe slamming full force into my head.  Ugh.  Another migraine.  I begrudgingly got ready for work and drove to school.  When I arrived, I promptly told my kids I had a migraine and pleaded with them to be as quiet as possible.  The following conversation ensued after my brief announcement:

Emily: Isn't a migraine a type of flower?

Me: No.  It's a headache that makes you feel like your brain has just split in half.

Emily: Oh.  Well, can we pray for you Miss Jackson?

Me: Yes Emily!  Thank you, I would love that.

Virginia: I want to pray!

Me: Go ahead Virginia

Virginia:  Dear Lord, please help Miss Jackson to feel better so she can come to Open House tonight.  And please help her to look better for Open House.  And help her makeup to cover up her face so that she looks prettier.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

You've gotta give 'em credit for saying it like they see it. :)

2 comments:

  1. this is too hilarious!! well, you will never have to worry about little victoria being a brown noser =)

    love ya! and you are beautiful always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud! I'll never forget the time one of my students stood up and said, "Everyone be quiet!!! Mrs. Wigginton needs to recharge her batteries!" They don't miss a thing, do they? :)

    ReplyDelete